Sunday, May 11, 2014

Easter

Easter fell just after our family had been down and out with sickness for two weeks (Mama ended up falling victim last), so there was virtually no planning to this Easter, which meant I had zero expectations for the day, which made for a very relaxing holiday for me! I think there's a lesson here. 

Potluck breakfast at church, church on the lawn, and lunch at J's parent's house with an egghunt!

But first, the Easter basket, with new legos and a few snacks.


I always love our Easter family photos - they have become a tradition.

Although that one ended up being the second take, after this adorable picture featured what looks like BB coppin' a feel.


Some of my fellow Vineyard Mamas

I love how this family photo came out too!

Backyard egghunt.

We hid the eggs everywhere. Everywhere.

BB finding one of the hidden eggs

 
We like to make them really work for it. (Note: SS had a special Easter egg in his shorts when Auntie Seen lifted him up for this pic!)

Victory!
 
On the move!

Pensive B, growing up

Hunting and gathering. SS wasn't that interested in egg hunting until J opened one up and showed him the jelly beans inside - suddenly, SS was possessed by the spirit of his literal name and pursued eggs with abandon. Or at least, more interest than before.





  
After taking group photos, I constantly forget to change the setting OFF the timer, and I use a timer feature that takes five successive photos. So it's really annoying when I go to take a photo and hear the "Beep, beep, beep" that means the timer is going off. I did that about ten times after our big family photo on Easter. I wanted to get a pic of S and the (heaven-in-your-mouth) trifle dessert she made, and when I clicked we heard the beep beep beep and were at the delirious point so S decided to try to do a different pose for every photo, which was highly entertaining (and somewhat perilous for the trifle! Don't worry, it survived...until we ate it.)






No comments:

Post a Comment